Process Engineering intern - Summer 2023
Solid Power is seeking a Process Engineering Intern to join our talented team of engineers and scientists working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next‐generation, all solid‐state rechargeable batteries. Solid Power is a dynamic, fast‐paced, collaborative and innovative team environment. The preferred candidate will be a currently enrolled undergraduate student with 1-2 years of university-level in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline.
- Work closely with and under the direction of Scientists and Engineers to execute planned experimentation in the lab and on pilot production equipment;
- Support lab experimentation through data collection, data analysis, diligent maintenance of records, and the accurate reporting of data;
- Execute laboratory experiments and testing according to standard procedures;
- Perform calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation as necessary to assure proper performance;
- Observe facility and laboratory safety rules and regulations at all times
- Previous experience in an analytical laboratory is desirable.
- Comfort with safe handling of hazardous materials and equipment is required.
- Abe to work 40 hours a week
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student, preferably one with 1-2 years of progress towards a degree in chemistry, materials science, or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Salary: $22 per hour
All offers of employment at Solid Power are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.