2023 University Graduate (U.S.) - Project Controls Cost Engineer (Subs/QURR)
Thacker Pass is the largest known lithium resource in the United States and the next large-scale lithium mine. The project has all permits required to commence construction, which is expected to start in 2023. Engineering design and procurement of long-lead equipment is underway, with early works being coordinated.
This project falls under the Lithium Americas umbrella of Lithium Nevada Corporation (LNC). Project site is located ~3 hours northeast of Reno at the southern end of the McDermitt Caldera in Humboldt County, NV, and ~25 miles from the Nevada-Oregon border (or ~1 hour northwest of Winnemucca, NV).
The Project will be developed as an open-pit mining operation using conventional, continuous mining equipment. Given the soft, clay nature of the deposit, minimal blasting and crushing is anticipated. The ore will then be processed in a leaching circuit using sulfuric acid to liberate the lithium from the claystone. Following the leaching process, the lithium bearing solution will be purified using crystallizers and reagents to produce battery-quality Li2CO3.
The Thacker Pass site has a flat and expansive terrain which allows for a very compact footprint and for future potential expansions.
Bechtel will have responsibility for the full EPC/EPCM scope.
Bechtel is seeking 3 Project Controls Engineers graduating from college and ready to start work by 4-June-2023.
· 1 position is for our office in New Delhi, India.
· 1 position is for our Houston office in Texas.
· 1 position will start in Houston and transition to the Site in Nevada.
These positions may be involved in planning, scheduling, cost control, change management, or reporting. The intent is to provide an opportunity for rotational assignments within the Project Controls discipline.
The position may be required to travel to other project office locations (e.g., Site in Nevada).
- B.S. degree required; preferred in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications are required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). PowerBI is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Primavera is desired, but not required.
- Demonstrates a beginning level of understanding of Project Controls general technical skills.
- Demonstrates a beginning level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Able to work independently to meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge in utilizing Six Sigma tools to improve and monitor work processes is desired.
· Must have the right to work in the designated location prior to applying for this role (i.e., no visa requirements).
· Local hire is preferred.