Electrical Engineer I - Adv Tech, Data, and Machine Learning
Advanced Technology Engineer - EDP
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, which is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy-duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
Your Role on Our Team
As a member of the Advanced Engineering and Technology (AET) Team in the Power Tool Accessories business unit you will conduct research on emerging technology related to Data, AI, Machine learning, and Digital Transformation. You will evaluate these technology’s ability to accelerate new product development and leverage them to introduce solutions that expand and speed up the way we design products.
You’ll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities
· Creation of data pipelines using data engineering and data science libraries.
· Design and build architectures to extract, move, and store structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity in training, evaluating, and deploying Machine Learning models.
- Programming with Python, SQL, and object-orientated languages.
- Ability to upskill in multiple programming languages and cloud environments.
- Use of single board computers and IoT sensors for data collection
- Support the research of emerging technologies through white paper research, university partnerships, attending trade shows, partner networking, and attending conferences.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down, and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Comfortable in a hands-on ambiguous front-end environment.
- Strong curiosity for learning new skills, technologies, and developing new methods for engineering.
Other TOOLS you’ll have
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 2 or more years of experience working in a Research and Development environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Our Perks and Benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.