TEMC Testing Lab Student Worker - Work Study Only
The Testing, Evaluation, and Measurement Center (TEMC) is dedicated to supporting students, faculty, and the local community with testing and evaluation-related needs. The TEMC comprises four individual offices: Testing Lab Services; the Academic Testing for Students with Disabilities (ATSD) office; Scanning Services; and the Round Rock Testing Center. By providing a variety of testing and scanning options with specialized equipment in a secure testing environment, our goal is to support student persistence, reduce barriers to graduation, and support faculty research.
The testing lab student worker will be trained to support TEMC's Testing Lab. This position requires individuals to multi-task and pay attention to details. Duties are varied with less routine and involve a moderate degree of responsibility and judgment. The student may lead or coordinate activities of other student employees. Requires previous knowledge or equivalent experience or training. Individuals in this position receive general supervision.
An ideal candidate:
· Has excellent communication skills
· Is an effective problem-solver
· Thrives in a collaborative environment
· Is organized and can effectively manage and prioritize tasks
· Acts with integrity and appropriately handles confidential information
· Provide customer service to students, parents, and faculty.
· Answer multi-line phones in a friendly and helpful manner, provide assistance as needed, and transfer calls to appropriate offices and individuals.
· Make copies, file paperwork, and data entry of student records.
· Provide test proctoring services for customers in the TEMC Testing Lab and the Academic Testing for Students with Disabilities (ATSD) office.
· Assist lab coordinators with checking in examinees by checking for valid IDs and entering information on written test logs and excel files.
· Seat examinees with proper documents and allowable materials. Monitor examinees via a camera monitoring system and walk-throughs.
· Provide exam reading and scribing services for customers with testing accommodations.
· Check out examinees with key/ID exchange and copies of exam results as needed.
· Represent the TEMC at campus events, such as Bobcat Days or faculty/staff presentations, as assigned.
· Assist the director and assistant director on special projects, as assigned.
- Must be professional and able to provide excellent customer service with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented, responsible, motivated, dependable, and efficient.
Hours: Flexible, dependent on needs of the office, minimum of 12 hours for Fall semester, may increase in the spring. Occasional Saturdays and evenings are required. The ideal candidate is available Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons.
Must be Work-study eligible students.