Marketing and Communications Assistant
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will work closely with the Communications Manager to elevate content, branding, messaging, and event promotion for the Office of International Programs (OIP).
OIP encompasses several departments, including Education Abroad, International Students and Scholar Services (ISSS), Programs for Learning Academic and Community English (PLACE), the International Enrollment Center, and the Todos Santos Center. The communications team elevates the messaging of each of these units as well as the division as a whole.
This position is part time (10-15 hours/week) in Laurel Hall.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Assistant will:
- Create social media content, videos/reels, and graphics for a variety of platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Assist in making website improvements, revisions, and updates for an improved user experience.
- Support student engagement, event marketing, and other promotional outreach efforts.
- Attend OIP events to take photos/videos, enhance storytelling/publicity, and to ensure proper branding/messaging.
- Pitch and pursue stories relevant to ongoing international activities at CSU and abroad.
- Recruit students, faculty, and staff to participate in campaigns that highlight CSU and its international efforts.
- Create or refresh International Programs promotional materials as needed.
- Provide student perspective, fresh ideas, and creativity wherever you can.
- Assist with other miscellaneous event, marketing, and communications tasks as assigned.
- Available to work 10-15 hours per week.
- Basic graphic design, photography, and video editing skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and trends.
- Willingness to be the student face/voice of OIP social accounts and participate in various social media campaigns.
- Team player and cooperative attitude when working with OIP team or campus partners.
- Creative, marketing-minded individual.
- High-level communicator.
- Focused self-starter.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Passion for CSU international community.
- Proven experience successfully managing a social media account (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Canva, InShot, Adobe InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, or Photoshop experience
- WordPress or web design experience
- Intercultural communication experience and/or intercultural training
- International experience (current international student or past/upcoming study abroad)
- Work Schedule: Flexible scheduling within International Programs office hours of 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday to Friday.
- Background Check: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates.
- Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
- Work Study Note: Preference in hiring given to students with work-study awards who are able to commit to the position for the full academic year.
- To Apply: For full consideration, submit a resume and cover letter that outlines the requirements and addresses your interest in working as a Marketing and Communications Assistant for the Office of International Programs. Interviews will be held during the end of May to early June. In-person and virtual interview options available.
- Questions?: All questions about the Marketing and Communications Assistant position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org