CIVIL STAFF ENGINEER
Lanc & Tully is seeking a Civil Staff Engineer to work on our Municipal and Land Development Teams.
Your role would be to assist in the design of both local and regional municipal and land development projects while building meaningful internal and external professional relationships. Project work will be completed collaboratively with other professionals, contractors, various jurisdictions, and regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of stormwater management, grading, designing utilities & roads, erosion and sediment control, and associated fields.
- Preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP’s) and reports.
- Perform civil engineering design calculations and details for various infrastructure and construction projects.
- Prepare profiles and cross-sections using surveys to represent elevations, topographical contours, and proposed structures.
- Prepare sketches, drawings, details, written specifications, and other presentation formats to ensure accuracy and conformity with the specified design.
- Work under the supervision of senior staff to produce quality designs and plans, and interpreting plans from other engineering related disciplines (survey, utility, etc.)
- Interpret plans from other engineering related disciplines (architectural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc.)
- Collaborate with senior project engineers and managers or construction teams and provide adjustments and revisions as necessary.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and construction cost estimates.
- Review subdivision and land development plans and generate review comments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Zero (0) to Five (5) years of relevant post-educational experience in civil or environmental engineering design.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Civil 3D/AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with various stormwater management software platforms, such as HydroCAD, preferred.
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office business software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, and strategic thinker with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- A valid clean driver’s license.
Lanc & Tully offers competitive compensation and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.