CIVIL ENGINEER TECHNICIAN
Lanc & Tully is seeking a Civil Engineer Technician to work on our Municipal and Land Development Teams.
Your role would be to assist in the design of both local and regional municipal and land development projects while building meaningful internal and external professional relationships. Project work will be completed collaboratively with other professionals, contractors, various jurisdictions, and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare sketches, drawings, site plans, grading plans, and utility layouts and profiles.
- Perform minor design calculations and details for various infrastructure and construction projects.
- Work under the supervision of senior staff to produce quality designs and plans, and interpreting plans from other engineering related disciplines (survey, utility, etc.)
- Collaborate with engineers and managers or construction teams and provide adjustments and revisions as necessary.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and construction cost estimates.
- Perform and witness soil testing for the design of septic systems and stormwater facilities.
- Site visits to verify existing conditions and construction progress.
- Perform inspection of soil & erosion control on project sites.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering or proficient in Civil 3D.
- Proficiency with Civil 3D/AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency with various stormwater management software platforms, such as HydroCAD, preferred.
- Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office business software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, and strategic thinker.
- A valid clean driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs., and move around on jobsite, including ascending or descending the terrain, preferred.
Lanc & Tully offers competitive compensation and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.