Flight Control Engineer
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have exciting opportunities for dynamic engineers, focused in guidance, navigation, and flight control (GNC) to join our Flight Technologies Advanced Concepts group at GA-ASI in San Diego (Poway), CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform continuous and discrete flight control law design, classical stability analysis, and flying qualities analysis of advanced flight configurations
- Analyze the aerodynamic characteristics of new and existing aircraft
- Translate the physics of flight control avionics into mathematic models
- Construct and design requirement-compliant controller models under the guidance of senior engineers
- Produce test case drivers to verify the control law design in a software simulation and on the actual hardware for advanced projects
- Execute selection, development, integration, and flight test of COTS autopilot systems in smaller scale flight vehicles.
- Develop analytic tools as needed for advanced configurations
- Perform GNC-related tasks for all phases of a new aircraft development program, including requirements development, clean-sheet design, software integration and validation, flight test planning, and analysis of flight data through prototype flight tests.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Degree in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical, mechanical, or related engineering field is highly desirable.
- Perform the requirement compliance test on the actual flight control subsystem test bench and in software environments
- Comfortable in adapting advanced control theory for advanced projects
- Comfortable in following stringent software process for flight code production
- Comfortable in working with a team of senior engineers
- Above-average documentation and communication skills
- MATLAB scripting
- Simulink model programming
- Stateflow model programming
- Automatic code generation using MathWorks' toolset
- Coding in C or C++ programming language