Loads and Dynamics Engineer
Apply At Link https://rolp.co/iBSDD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Loads and Dynamics Engineer in our Airframe Integrity Group. Under general supervision with limited review, this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting the design of new products, expanding capability to existing products, and integrating new payloads onto existing platforms.
- Responsible for performing loads and dynamics analysis of aircraft components, assemblies, and systems.
- Develop design and repeated loads for air vehicle flight, landing, and ground operations.
- Flight Loads analysis includes the development of open and closed loop aeroelastic flight loads models, the calculation of aerodynamic and inertial loads across the aircraft.
- Landing and Ground loads includes hand calculation methods, structural dynamics and explicit simulations of landings.
- Dynamics analysis includes normal modes, frequency response, random vibration, and the development of vibration and shock environmental criteria.
- Develop aeroelastic models for use in flutter and aeroservoelastic analysis.
- Utilize ground vibration test data to correlate structural dynamics models.
- Perform analysis by way of classical and computer methods, and develop new methodologies for load development.
- Generate documentation to support design and airworthiness certification using MIL, STANAG, or FAR standards.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to perform FEA on composite airframes/structures.
- Working knowledge of panel codes, NASTRAN, or ABAQUS software is preferred.
- Experience with aeroelastic loads development, closed-loop flight control systems, flutter, in-flight testing, and explicit time domain analysis for loads development is desirable.
- Experience in the aerospace or related industry and with loads analysis and loads development experience is required.
- Experience with Matlab, Excel, Visual Basic, panel codes, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ZAERO, or other loads Loads and Dynamics software.
- Must be familiar with loads development, statics, dynamics, aerodynamics, stability and control, and vibrations.
- Must be familiar with gusts, landing simulations, and flutter
- A working knowledge of JSSG, Mil-Spec, and FAA airworthiness requirements is advantageous.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance is required.