Robotics/Computer Vision Engineering Scientist R23384
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you MUST be a US Citizen and apply through the ARL Workday website.
Robotics and computer vision algorithm and software development for the Advanced Technology Laboratory (ATL)
- Develop software for robotics platform.
- Develop computer vision algorithms.
- Write accompanying software and architecture documents.
- Plan and execute software testing activities.
- Install systems on site.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or similar technical degree.
- Three years of related experience.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong writing and presentation skills.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or similar technical degree.
- Experience acting as a technical lead.
- Understanding of software engineering processes and standards.
- Experience developing software in Linux.
- Prior work experience in professional or research oriented software development.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark "yes" on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
Visit our website (www.arlut.utexas.edu) for additional information about Applied Research Laboratories.
UT Austin offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
· 100% employer-paid basic medical coverage
· Retirement contributions
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Paid holidays
Please visit our Human Resources (HR) website to learn more about the total benefits offered.
- Standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work
- Possible interstate/intrastate travel
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial college transcript.