Branch Manager Trainee - New Grad
As a qualification for this position, the Branch Manager Trainee will be placed in a local retail branch and must successfully complete a comprehensive training program that will give them a working knowledge of our industry, our customers and our organization. In addition, this program is designed around branch-oriented and professional development training to ensure that, once completed; the Trainee will be able to meet the demanding challenges of this position. Upon completion, the candidate will be required to meet and exceed both divisional and regional objectives for fiscal performance of a branch, which includes sales, budgeting, gross margins, and operational expenses. Other key areas of responsibility include safety, customer service, inventory levels, accounts receivable, and resolution of personnel issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Attend and successfully complete all training modules provided by Airgas in the development role
- Responsible for the safety, health and welfare of sales, operations and all associates
- Administers, and is responsible for, safety policies and procedures in accordance with regional, SAFECOR, local, state and federal guidelines
- Answering customer inquiries
- Computer entry of customer orders
- Coordinating with territory sales personnel to grow market sales and margins
- Pulling and packaging customer orders
- Receiving as necessary
- Daily selection of cash and charge orders
- Reconciliation of cash and bank deposit
- Reconciliation of open order edit list, quote list, purchase order report by item, selected order edit list
- Insure that internal and external customers receive prompt acknowledgment and service in a pleasant manner
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Management
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Frequent local travel (30% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, combination of college training and experience will be considered
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic product knowledge of welding, safety, gases and supplies is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including Gross Margin, Gross Margin %, Operating Income, Return On Investment (ROI), Internal Rate of Return, Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement
- Professional phone skills
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Proficiency in time management and organization skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Astute problem solving skills and administrative accuracy
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 to 75 lb.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work doing occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)