Network System Administrator
Do you love technology and problem solving? Would you like to work for a place that serves the public, has job stability, great benefits, great retirement system and a great team to work with? Would you like to have 11 paid holidays per year, ample sick leave and vacation leave (and unused leave rolls over to the next year)? If so, Wayne County is the place! The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the full-time position of Network System Administrator.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Daily management of high security networks and software applications. This is not limited to, all responsibility for system security, backups, and ongoing network evaluation to determine updates and upgrades needed and coordination with vendors to ensure uninterrupted service. Responsible to produce estimates and to remain within the assigned budgets for projects as needed.
- On-site and remote server support, desktop and laptop MDT computer and related items (scanners/printers) support not limited to, troubleshooting, installation of software applications, monitoring anti-virus, anti-spam, and clean-up, security, maintenance of the computers, troubleshooting problems, installation/removal of software as well as hardware repairs.
- Network support for multiple other county networks not limited to, responsibility to ensure network protection and security and Layer 3 level network support in firewalls, routers, switches, network services including DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, and other protocols. Support is compliant with public safety law enforcement providers and standards.
- Support and maintain various phone systems including on-site user training and voicemail programming.
- Website maintenance of existing sites.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Certificates from various hardware and software vendors preferred.
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities) and email it to email@example.com. Or drop it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Marcy Stoller Questions? Call 330-287-5410.
Posted 4/26/23. Position open until filled.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer