Fall 2023 Site Assistant for Before & Afterschool Program
The University of Missouri Adventure Club is an enrichment based, before and after school program for elementary aged children within the Columbia Public School District. All programs are licensed by the Office of Childhood and provide hands-on educational and recreational activities in a safe and caring environment. Adventure Club's purpose is to enhance the growth and development of children, families, staff, and the communities we serve.
Each semester, Adventure Club hires part-time Site Assistants to work at our programs. If you are dependable, energetic, and enjoy working with children, Adventure Club may be a great fit. It is a wonderful learning experience for future teachers or those planning to work with children and families after graduation. Adventure Club’s high conduct expectations for staff contribute to excellent programming for the children and families we serve. A Site Assistant’s performance, attitude, and initiative are direct reflections of their credibility and Adventure Club’s success.
· $13.15 per hour
· Site Assistants may work 2-10 shifts per week and shifts are consistent for the semester
· Morning shifts are 6:40-7:25am OR 6:40-8:05am
· Afternoon shifts are 2:25-5:45pm OR 3:05-5:45pm
· Must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate. Childcare related experience preferred, but not required.
· Adventure Club Reimburses If Receipt Submitted
o Family Care Safety background check
· Paid by Adventure Club Via Provided Codes
o FBI fingerprint checks for both Columbia Public Schools and State of Missouri
o University of Missouri Criminal Background check (for non-MU students)
· Any staff that lived outside Missouri in the past five years must complete additional background checks and fees are not reimbursed.
· Individuals with any type of felony or drug-related misdemeanor found during the criminal background process or while employed are ineligible for employment with Adventure Club.
· Current TB assessment form within two weeks of employment
· A current physical exam on a provided State of Missouri form within two weeks of employment
· Work with your Site Facilitator and co-workers to
o develop positive relationships with children and guardians
o follow the daily schedule for your program
o maintain a fun and engaging atmosphere
o document and discuss child behaviors or injuries
o familiarize yourself with child files and any behavioral, medical, or authorized pick-up issues
· Know, follow, and abide by Adventure Club policies and emergency procedures
· Always ensure the health and safety of a child by following licensing, accreditation, and school guidelines
· Enforce safety rules and intervene when a child’s actions may injure themselves or others
· Assist the children in problems-solving issues and conflicts with others
· MU and Columbia Public School’s (CPS) academic calendars differ, and Adventure Club staff must follow the CPS calendar. This entails working after finals week and until CPS ends each semester and returning in January when CPS resumes. Adventure Club does not operate the week of Thanksgiving and Spring Break.
· Adhere to accreditation requirements by providing transcripts, evaluations, and completing required paperwork needed.
· Complete required trainings offered by Adventure Club. Staff are for paid their time to attend all trainings.
o 6 hours of professional development per semester. Trainings must be progressive and continual throughout the semester.
o Adult and Child CPR/First Aid certification within three months of hiring date.
· Update and submit timesheet weekly on the MU HR website and include all site hours, meetings, and/or trainings.
· Attend staff meetings as scheduled.