At Pensions & Investments, we write about how the largest money managers in the world invest the dollars entrusted to them by retirement plans, endowments and foundations to generate the returns they need to accomplish their goals. Are the managers putting that money to work in the stock market? In bonds? Real estate? Perhaps they’re even looking at investing in some form of bitcoin.
One of Crain Communications’ premier publications, P&I is looking for a general assignment reporting intern to work Hybrid in its New York or Chicago newsroom for the Fall of 2023.
The ideal candidate will be a student who is interested in business journalism, has some experience writing either for a student publication or a professional publication, and is curious to learn more about money management. We’ll teach you what types of information to include in the final product.
- Report and write on a variety of breaking news items
- Generate content across P&I’s print and digital platforms, including www.pionline.com
- Assist reporters with research, reporting or data collection
- Post and promote your stories on your social accounts
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a journalism program
- Adept at reporting and writing accurately on tight deadlines
- Excellent command of grammar and AP style
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Must be able to work onsite in New York for a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Courses and/or internships in economics or finance
- Familiarity with financial reports, such as SEC filings
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is eligible for overtime pay.
The exact pay rate for this position is $18.00 per hour.
The final offering will take into account a wide range of factors, including experience, accomplishments and location. The range provided should not be considered as a salary limit or cap.