Student Trainee (Human Resources) (HC & RM) (Pentagon, Arlington, VA)
This position is part of the Student Intern Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.
The Student Intern Program provides selectees an exciting opportunity to embark on a training and development path for a successful career as an Army Civilian employee. Student Internship positions provide for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as the student increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training. This program offers post-secondary students 12 weeks of full-time employment, up to 480 hours, during the summer months. Approximate employment dates are end of May through mid-August. Actual length of employment is contingent upon budget and workload. Employment is intended to continue each subsequent year during the summer months while the student is enrolled in a degree program.
Students may also receive payment for tuition/training and potential conversion into full-time positions upon graduation. Don't wait! Apply now to start your Army Civilian internship today!
In this role you will:
- As a Student Trainee (Human Resources), the incumbent will work under closer supervision performing assignments and completing training. At the full-performance level, you will be expected to:
- Assist in utilizing a wide range of human resources practices and policies to provide human resources advisory and technical services to management.
- Perform developmental assignments in several personnel functions.
- Coordinate with organizations to ensure the accuracy of human resources related data.
- Provide prepared general information to customers regarding appropriate action officers for different functions/serviced organizations and job-seeking tools.