IT Specialist (INFOSEC) - OMS
This position is in Office of Mission Support (OMS). About OMS: Internet website
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to one of the duty stations stated in this announcement on a regular basis (location TBD after candidate selected). Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Knowledge of IT security protocols, policies, procedures and methods.
- Ability to implement and/or coordinate activities for the protection and restoration of IT systems services and capabilities.
- Skill in oral communication.
- Skill in providing guidance for the implementation of IT security policies in the development and operation of network systems.
- Ability to develop recommendations on information systems security protocols impacting agency IT policies or programs.
- Ability to prepare and update information on IT security training and awareness programs.
- Skill in written communication.
- Ability to manage contracts to assure contractors perform the technical and management requirements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.