Horizons Engineering Inc is a growing Civil, Environmental and Structural Engineering and Land Surveying firm with 8 offices locations across New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
Horizons has an immediate opening for an entry to mid‐level civil engineer to assist with civil and environmental engineering design and permitting of municipal, residential, commercial, and institutional projects. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to become part of our team.
The position involves assisting project managers and other members of our team with field data collection, civil engineering, CAD design work/drafting, site design, drainage analysis using HydroCad, permit application preparation and construction services assistance.
Our staff at Horizons is a close‐knit group of hard‐working individuals that value client service, design innovation, and a no‐nonsense approach. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, desire to learn, and interest in working on a wide range of civil engineering projects throughout northern New England.
Essential Job Duties:
- Civil Engineering design of municipal, commercial, residential and institutional projects including site design and permitting
- CAD Design work
- Prepare reports and permit applications related to civil engineering projects
- Design various civil engineering-related projects including site grading, wastewater collection, septic design, road and drainage improvements, and drinking water treatment, distribution, and storage,
- Construction Services Assistance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution;
- EIT certification;
- 0‐10 years of work experience in civil engineering is preferred;
- Experience with AutoCAD design software including Civil3D;
- Technical experience in water and wastewater infrastructure, stormwater, and site design and permitting in New Hampshire or similar regulatory environment;
- Sound understanding of civil engineering fundamentals including stormwater/drainage design, surface water hydraulics, water and sewer systems and roadway/parking design
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to complete field work including carrying equipment and walking undeveloped sites
Competitive salary and insurance benefits including health, dental, and life
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Company 401k
- Continuing education support
- Supportive work environment with ample opportunity for career advancement
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Horizons Engineering Inc.
34 School Street
Littleton, NH 03561
Or via email to email@example.com
For more information, check us out at www.horizonsengineering.com
Horizons Engineering Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer