Structural Project Designer
Designing and analyzing the performance of a building as it relates to the structural elements and surrounding site conditions related to the overall aspect of new building construction. Review the ongoing work of contractors for the completion of project activities (field and office) and prepares design/repair packages and summary documentation (reports, correspondence, verbal communication) for Project Manager review. Utilize knowledge with design/analysis within related field (architecture/engineering).
- Reporting Responsibilities:Role that this position reports to: Project Manager
- Responsibilities:Adhere to all Structures Group Accountabilities listed within the Appendix A.
- Perform Structural analysis, design and detailing for all types of buildings and materials using a variety of building codes.
- Coordinate of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
- Prepare of construction documents within a BIM environment.
- Prepare design/analysis specifications and calculations for active projects are accurate and updated on active projects.
- Prepare technical reports, ensuring structure and language utilized is easily understood by client and grammatically correct.
- Assist and maintain project schedules, change orders and budgets.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree in related field or applicable work experience
- Experience:1+ Years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design. Recent college graduates will be considered for this position.
- Understanding of processes, compliance, and other design consulting and construction professionals.
- Experience working on small size projects such as cultural buildings, office buildings, health care and research facility design, and tenant renovation work preferably in a consulting engineering firm environment.
- Required Competencies:Adhere to all Structures Group Special Competencies and Certifications listed within the Appendix A.
- Working knowledge of current industry software, including RAM, Risa 3-D, Revit and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Knowledge of concrete and steel design codes required; masonry and wood design codes a plus.
- Possess knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills.
- The position is based in Hartford, CT and will involve moderate travel. Job requires the ability to navigate urban, rural, and industrial site. Must have a valid driver’s and safe driving record. Must be physically fit enough to walk fire escapes and stairwells. Must also be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer terminal, operating a computer keyboard and general office equipment.
- Office is a temperature controlled, smoke free environment.
- All employees of the PVE, LLC organization are expected to:Adhere to the company’s Principles of Business and Conduct.
- Demonstrate good judgment and respect the confidentiality of company and personnel information.
- Deal professionally and courteously with all internal and/or external contacts.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary in the performance of duties.
PVE, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PVE, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. PVE, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.