Reports to: Senior Manager, Communications
Location: Remote Work (only in CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, LA, NY, MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NH, OH, OR, NC, PA, RI, VA, WA)
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Communications Intern will support a range of communications activities for digital and social platforms.
- Support social media posts, campaigns, and marketing
- Write, edit, and distribute press releases
- Prepare media pitches and monitor key media messaging
- Draft blog posts, emails and web content
- Assist with meetings and events
- Support web development team with project management and file management
- Assist with SEO improvements to Sabin websites
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Current college (junior, senior, masters) student in a related discipline (public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, digital media, global health)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Understanding of social media practices
- Detail-oriented and flexible
- Experience with Canva a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom video conferencing and conducting internet searches
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Available for 10-15 hours per week during the Summer 2023 semester (June - August).
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws EOE/Veterans/Disabled