Lead Analyst, External Communications
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of Sept. 30, 2022, BNY Mellon had $42.2 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.8 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Marketing & Communications
It’s an exciting time to join the BNY Mellon Marketing & Communications team. Our team is focused on delivering brand recognition, growth, increased client loyalty and employee engagement. We are a world-class, integrated marketing and communications organization, aligned around the needs our clients and the industry.
Role description and opportunities
The Lead Analyst, External Communications, will assist with the development and production of strategic, proactive communications campaigns to support the overall strategy of the firm. This individual will help develop innovative external communications strategies, including media relations and executive communications, that ensure consistent brand messaging, support reputation management, highlight our executives as thought leaders and position the business as innovative, client-centric, and poised to drive growth in the market.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Support the development of external communications campaigns and initiatives for BNY Mellon’s enterprise portfolio, supporting areas including public policy and government affairs, Investor Relations, and Global Operations & Technology
- Help prepare and brief spokespeople in advance of any engagement to relay effective key messages
- Support writing and messaging developing, including press releases, thought leadership, statements, social media copy, talking points and Q&As
- Analyze metrics, share insights and adjust plans with a focus on continuous improvement
- Assist in the execution of the end-to-end communications campaign program – from ideation phase to completion – securing relevant approvals and keeping key stakeholders appraised of progress
- Create and maintain content calendars and other internal documents to keep colleagues, including senior leaders, updated on external communications campaigns
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of delivered campaigns
- Maintain and build relationships as necessary with third parties such as vendors
- Help create and implement processes and frameworks to assist with the development and deployment of communications campaigns
- Demonstrate ability to dig deep into BNY Mellon strategy to identify new and creative ways to reach target media and share stories focused on highlighting the firm’s innovation, client-centric approach, and the business outcomes that matte
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- Background in a corporate or agency communications setting
- Strong writer with a knack for distilling complex information into messaging that’s clear, compelling, and concise
- Effective presentation skills, must be comfortable leading and/or contributing to meetings
- Able to present and defend a point of view with internal colleagues regarding how to best position the enterprise within the competitive landscape
- Knowledge of digital and social channels/platforms
- High-functioning, efficient and proactive individual who can handle stressful situations. Effectively prioritizes multiple demands on their time.
- 5+ years of professional experience in media relations and corporate communications
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of work experience required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.