Engineer - Highway Design
RK&K is currently hiring entry level and Jr. level Civil Engineers to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA. Civil Engineer in our highways division you will be responsible for the design and analysis of complex transportation design and design-build projects. Projects will include, but not be limited to new roadways, widenings, resurfacings, and multimodal improvements.
- Design and analysis of horizontal and vertical alignments
- Prepare plan, profile, cross section, and detail sheets
- Design temporary traffic control plans
- Calculate quantities and prepare construction cost estimates
- Support preparation of design documentation
- Support preparation of specifications packages
- Work with other disciplines on creative solutions to design challenges
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Zero ( 0 ) to Five ( 5 ) years of experience in roadway design
- Working knowledge of basic roadway design principals
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Engineer in Training ( E.I.T ) license in Florida or ability to obtain within six (6) months
- Roadway widening or new alignment design
- Innovative intersection design
- Sidewalk or shared use path design
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work (home and office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health , dental , vision , life and disability insurances
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Much Much more!
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
Design your career at RK&K, Apply today!