Summer Chemist Internship
TDA is located outside Denver, Colorado with offices in Wheat Ridge and Golden. We have a staff of 100+ mainly engineers and scientists who develop cutting edge chemical processes, materials, and hardware for customers in the defense, aerospace, energy and chemical industries. We rely on a high level of technical competence and efficiency within our team and look for motivated, talented, and skilled innovators to join us in developing advanced solutions. TDA carries out work in a wide variety of areas, and virtually all staff work on two or three projects simultaneously. Therefore, an ability to learn quickly is essential.
TDA Research, Inc., has a paid Summer Chemist Internship. The Chemist Intern will work with project leaders to perform various research and development tasks in a chemical and analytical laboratory under the direction of a senior scientist. A successful candidate must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers, with English language proficiency, and have excellent analytical skills.
The Chemist Intern may be required to work with a variety of hazardous materials, such as compressed gases, cryogenic liquids, acids, bases, oxidizers, solvents, vacuum pump oils, and other hazardous chemicals. The chemist will receive specialized safety training and be an active member of the safety and spill teams. The Chemist Intern will need reliable transportation to travel between work sites.
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
· Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited university
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
· Gravimetric analytical standard preparation
· Acid/base handling and disposal
· Practical familiarity with organic chemistry
· Familiarity with glassware and standard laboratory methods
· Basic synthesis
· Familiarity with safety procedures
· Analytical method experience a plus: Elemental Analysis, OC, GC, HPLC, NMR, FTIR and UV/VIS spectroscopy
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare analytical standards
· Conduct reaction chemistry experiments at the bench scale
· Prepare and analyze liquid samples
· Clean, calibrate and maintain equipment
· Document and perform various experiments
· Convey complex information clearly and concisely
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Sit, stand, or kneel for extended periods of time
· Ascend/descend stairs and ladders
No sponsorship is available for this Paid Summer Internship.
The number of hours worked per week is negotiable from part-time to full-time. The internship will start in May and will extend through August/September. The exact term will be determined based on the candidate’s availability.
Pay rate is $20.00 per hour, without benefits as this is a Summer Internship and temporary.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, actual compensation is subject to variation due to factors as education, experience, skill-set, and/or location.
If you would like to request assistance with the application or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
TDA Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females / Minority / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Religion / National Origin
To view our Equal Opportunity Statement, please visit the TDA Careers Page.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our communities, families and employees. With employee health and safety as our top priority, TDA Research is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. Effective October 1, 2021, we will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date.