Student Trainee (Human Resources Specialist) - Remote
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in a accredited educational institution, on at least a half-time basis. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position.
What You May Be Doing:
- Participate in customer engagement and outreach related to USAJOBS systems and products
- Support the development of communication materials, such as handouts and training slides
- Support senior team members on trainings and presentations, such as managing the chat box, taking notes, and coordinating the logistics of the training
- Present findings for projects and assignments
- Participate in team meetings
- Liaise with other employees to resolve information or project requests
- Engage with peers and team members to obtain knowledge to complete projects
- Leverage enterprise project management principles and concepts
- Communicate clearly to a wide range of stakeholders (verbal, written)
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to organize and prioritize projects and tasks
- Gather feedback and propose process improvement recommendations
- The Skills to be Successful as a Student Trainee:You work smart (not just hard), and know how to drive projects, meet deadlines, and get things done.
- You have a bias for action and are proactive.
- You don't sweat the small stuff, but also understand the importance of paying close attention to detail and being very precise.
- You are flexible, creative, curious, and a willing to take initiative.
- You are a quick and flexible learner: open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and excited by dynamic change.
- You inspire trust, forge relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners.
- You have high standards, integrity, and ethics.
- What We're Looking For:Currently enrolled in an educational institution
- A solid team player who's also an independent thinker
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multitask
- A robust analytical skill set
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking the impossible
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products
- Attentive to team needs as demonstrated by rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain solid rapport with team members as well as maintain professionalism with those outside of the team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Keen attention to detail
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Demonstrated success at maintaining high personal work standards
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact
- Strong presentation skills to audiences comprised of all levels of leadership
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work autonomously and drive the work they own forward effectively