Discovery Accelerator/IBM Undergrad Intern
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 2 hospital in the nation, according to the U.S. News & World Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
Cleveland Clinic is looking to add a Research Intern to its talented team of caregivers. While working closely with department representatives, Research Interns participate in a structured learning experience, perform various administrative tasks and work on multiple projects.
The ideal future caregiver is someone who:
- Is an undergraduate actively enrolled in data science curriculum with artificial intelligence or quantum focus.
- Is self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Researches, compiles, tabulates, and analyzes data and processes for a variety of administrative and departmental matters.
- Assists department personnel in assigned administrative, planning, organizational, technical, and professional tasks.
- Provides suggestions or recommendations with regard to department specific projects.
- Prepares and presents reports; drafts policies and procedures; responds to requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current college enrollment required.
- None required.
Complexity of Learning Experience:
- Can discuss and weigh pros and cons and separate critical issues.
- Can make definitive choices, expresses opinions on issues and can explain logical path decisions.
- None required.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling/lifting items, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires frequent standing and sitting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities