R&D Electrical Engineering Intern
This internship is a part of CONMED TALENT LAUNCH – a hands on, immersive program designed to provide students with the exposure, experience and development needed to launch a successful career at CONMED. Program highlights include networking with senior leaders and recent college graduates, feedback and coaching, cross-functional shadowing opportunities, and more!
The R&D Advanced Visualization group is dedicated to innovating and improving surgical visualization to promote successful outcomes for minimal invasive surgery. We are seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to join our R&D Advanced Visualization team in Summer 2023.
As an R&D Engineering Intern on the Advanced Visualization team, you will have opportunities to develop engineering skills and principals focused on product development, design improvements and product reliability. Your completion of hands-on development, prototyping, and testing, while applying good documentation practices, will contribute to meeting overall team project goals and timelines. This will get new or improved products into clinical usage, resulting in improved surgical impact, improved patient care, and business financial gains.
Intern Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop and perform verification and validation testing for new product development
- Support sustaining engineering activities including problem troubleshooting, root cause analysis, investigations, and resolving part obsolescence issues
- Support design engineering team in building prototypes, test fixtures and tooling
- Participate in developing test protocols and inspection instructions
- Participate in developing test reports in compliance with CONMED Quality Assurance System
- Support new product development in resolving design issues and risk management implementation
- Support with external testing laboratories on compliance testing for new products and sustaining engineering activities
- Perform evaluations of potential OEM or competitors’ products
- Support resolution of field issues and address critical sales situations
- Interface with cross-functional groups such as QA, Operations, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs as needed for sustaining products
- Pursuing completion of a bachelors or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science or another closely related field
- Must be available to work onsite in the Westborough, MA facility
- Must be available to work forty hours per week, Monday – Friday, May 22 – July 28, 2023. Preference will be given to candidates who are available to extend their internship duration through the end of 2023.
Disclosure as required by applicable law, the hourly pay rate for this position is $15.00 to $30.00. The actual compensation may vary based on geographic location, work experience, education and skill level. The salary range is CONMED’s good faith belief at the time of this posting.
Note: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship