Universal Member Service Representative (PC 1470)
Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Members 1st, we look for individuals who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity, inclusion, and belonging, as well as people who believe in the philosophy of, WE>me. To be sure you align with our company mission, vision, values and culture reference the information below.
Company Culture is at Our Core
If there is one concept, we want you to understand about us, it is this. WE. It is a simple little word but means everything here. We think as one. One faM1ly. One community. One place where everyone belongs. Everything we do is in the best interest of all of us.
What WE Believe
Our Missions: WE serve our members, associates, and communities through support, empowerment, and meaningful relationships.
Our Vision: WE are growing our faM1ly by delivering everything they need to live well financially, through all life’s moments and milestones.
Our Values: WE deliver unparalleled experiences through a culture of WE. WE > me. WE are servant leaders- at work and in the communities we serve. WE are financially safe and sound stewards of members dollars. WE are faM1ly.
Company Perks: Quick Reference
- Competitive compensation with career growth opportunities, job security, annual increases and bonus potential
- Nationally recognized 401K with up to 10% company match that helps you prepare for your future
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay mentally and physically healthy
- Associate Tuition Assistance – WE may help cover the cost for your continuing education courses or degree
- Affordable cost sharing arrangement for three different medical plans, dental plan and vision plan
- 11 paid holidays and plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest
- WE commit to providing a healthy work/life balance – to support all the other parts of life that are important to you
- WE cover visits to our confidential Employee Assistant Program for many difficult situations that life may throw your way
- With faM1ly always in our forefront, we offer Paid Parental Leave (for both mothers and fathers) to help support your time off to bond with your new child
- Make an impact through volunteering with one of our local charities or enjoy networking with our members at a local community event
- WE provide a strong commitment to our associates with our dedication to providing professional development, leadership training & coaching opportunities
- Opportunities to plan events, enhance recognition programs, network, and connect with other associates (both virtually and in-person) by joining or leading one of our five established Associate Resources Groups (ARGs)
- Women in Leadership
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Care Connections
- Rewards & Recognition
- Cultural Evolution
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, special events, and our faM1ly atmosphere
- Join a company that grows with you – personally and professionally
The purpose of the Universal Member Service Representative is to support all aspects of branch operations, assist with growth of deposits, loans and service ratio. This position is responsible for meeting and exceeding member expectations by identifying members’ product and service needs, supporting a member-focused culture that influences the use of technology and collaborates with Members 1st departmental partners to provide a seamless experience for members. A significant degree of creativity, data analysis and problem-solving skills are required to effectively provide solutions to member issues.
With no budgetary responsibilities, the Universal MSR provides superior service, supports branch growth and service, demonstrates compliance and credit union standard and performs lobby engagement. This position has limited supervision of work and communicates, interacts and collaborates effectively to provide exceptional member service. In addition, this role ensures compliance through the adherence of all credit union policies and procedures, demonstrates and fosters a consultative sales culture with members and staff, influences and connects branch associates, partners and members to technology. This position may provide coverage, as needed for other departments and/or functions that are within the scope of this position.
- General and business knowledge equivalent to a high school diploma
- 3 years of related experience in retail, financial services or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience identifying and promoting products and services to meet customer needs
- 100% completion of MSR I Certification within 1 year of hire (if external)
- 100% completion of MSR II Certification within 2 years of promotion (if internal)
- Decision making requires the ability to choose from options outlined in established procedures
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid consulting ability
- Cash handling skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Strong financial, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction
- Familiarity with PCs and applicable software
- Effective knowledge
- Accountability and self-management
- Teamwork and leadership
- Innovation and problem-solving
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to receive information and hear sounds at normal speaking levels under normal conditions in the branch
- Visually able to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading
- Sufficient manual skill for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods
- Ability to work extended evening and weekend hours and to travel to other locations to provide extended hours coverage
- Ability to exert minimum amounts of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects