Teller - Full Time (PC 159)
Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Members 1st, we look for individuals who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity, inclusion, and belonging, as well as people who believe in the philosophy of, WE>me. To be sure you align with our company mission, vision, values and culture reference the information below.
Company Culture is at Our Core
If there is one concept, we want you to understand about us, it is this. WE. It is a simple little word but means everything here. We think as one. One faM1ly. One community. One place where everyone belongs. Everything we do is in the best interest of all of us.
What WE Believe
Our Missions: WE serve our members, associates, and communities through support, empowerment, and meaningful relationships.
Our Vision: WE are growing our faM1ly by delivering everything they need to live well financially, through all life’s moments and milestones.
Our Values: WE deliver unparalleled experiences through a culture of WE. WE > me. WE are servant leaders- at work and in the communities we serve. WE are financially safe and sound stewards of members dollars. WE are faM1ly.
Company Perks: Quick Reference
- Competitive compensation with career growth opportunities, job security, annual increases and bonus potential
- Hourly rates starting at $17.50/hour
- Nationally recognized 401K with up to 10% company match that helps you prepare for your future
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay mentally and physically healthy
- Associate Tuition Assistance – WE may help cover the cost for your continuing education courses or degree
- Affordable cost sharing arrangement for three different medical plans, dental plan and vision plan
- 11 paid holidays and plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest
- WE commit to providing a healthy work/life balance – to support all the other parts of life that are important to you
- WE cover visits to our confidential Employee Assistant Program for many difficult situations that life may throw your way
- With faM1ly always in our forefront, we offer Paid Parental Leave (for both mothers and fathers) to help support your time off to bond with your new child
- Make an impact through volunteering with one of our local charities or enjoy networking with our members at a local community event
- WE provide a strong commitment to our associates with our dedication to providing professional development, leadership training & coaching opportunities
- Opportunities to plan events, enhance recognition programs, network, and connect with other associates (both virtually and in-person) by joining or leading one of our four established Associate Resources Groups (ARGs)
- Women in Leadership
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Care Connections
- PEER (Peer Experience, Engagement and Recognition)
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, special events, and our faM1ly atmosphere
- Join a company that grows with you – personally and professionally
As the first point of contact, the Teller position demonstrates superior service level expectations for our members and prospective members. We focus on creating and delivering exceptional, memorable, and personable experiences with a strong commitment to customer service. The Teller position provides accurate and efficient processing of members’ financial transactions to ensure accurate record keeping of member accounts, while maintaining high levels of member satisfaction. Additionally, this position contributes to the Organizational goals, primarily by identifying and promoting products and services that meet the needs of our members.
- Provide Superior Customer Service
- Perform Transactions & Requests
- Promote Members 1st Products & Services
- Support Routine Branch Processes & Operations
Minimum Education Requirements:
- General and business knowledge equivalent to a high school diploma
Requirements to be considered for Teller III Level:
- Minimum of 3 years of retail banking or credit union experience including cash handling, customer service experience, and an understanding of financial services regulatory policies and compliance
- Minimum of 2 years of financial experience identifying and promoting products and services to meet member/customer needs
Physical Demands and Sensory Abilities:
- Familiarity with PCs and applicable software
- Sufficient manual dexterity for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods
- Ability to work extended evening and weekend hours and to travel to other office locations to provide extended hours’ coverage