Administrative Series Student Trainee
This is a Student Internship position under the Pathways Internship Program. Selected students will begin on June 6, 2023.
The Secretarial Intern Program (SIP) is designed to provide interns an opportunity to broaden their perspectives on issues facing government. Interns will work throughout the Department of Transportation (DOT) and support higher-level management in coordinating, facilitating, and implementing activities within the office to which they are assigned; and be exposed to and participate in activities, innovations, and challenges facing the Transportation Industry.
As an Administrative Series Student Trainee, you will:
- Performing a variety of assignments selected to broaden skills and provide practical experience aimed at developing the employee’s skills and knowledge to perform progressively complex assignments.
- Assignments at this level are designed to orient, train, and increase the student’s knowledge in his/her perspective area of study.
- Assisting specialists/analysts in developing material for briefings, reports, presentations and conference materials needed by supervisor and executive management.
- Developing documents, such as research based papers, graphs, charts, and other data to be used by transportation officials in defining transportation challenges and recommending options and potential solutions.
- Assisting management in collecting, organizing and maintaining program and/or functional documentation and materials.
- Participating in meetings, events, and briefings.
Ideal Candidate: The Department of Transportation (DOT) is looking for Undergraduate and Graduate students with an interest in human resources, administration, and business based majors. The DOT is seeking students who have demonstrated leadership, innovation, and self-initiative.