Provider Install Intern – Remote
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Resolution of escalated issues related to network providers and enhancing provider experience
- Support initiatives to manage network costs
- Execution of provider training and education programs
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Recommend improvements in processes
- Assist with provider education, contract questions, and claim issues
- Collect and ensure the quality and integrity of data in the provider data systems
- Performs audits of accounts that can be used for internal and/or external discussions
- Monitor and track provider issues through calls, emails, and other avenues
- Other duties as assigned in support of department goals and objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Pursuing degree in Healthcare Admin, Business, Data Analytics, or another related field
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- 3.00 GPA or higher
- Experience with SharePoint Microsoft Teams
- Interest in health care / managing care experience
- Interest in provider relations and / or provider network experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proven solid analytical skills
- Proven solid communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $16.00 to $19.38. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.