The Anderson-Negele Product Manager is responsible for a defined product line, including: forecasting and pricing, messaging, internal support, and product life cycle management and works together with a Senior Product Manager to achieve revenue targets associated with a strategic objective. Work to meet these responsibilities includes coordination of tactical and strategic business activities with Marketing, Sales, Service, Research & Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Quality, Customers, and Business Partners.
The Product Manager maintains expertise on relevant products and technologies through training, research, and proactive industry immersion. Using this expertise, ensures competitiveness of product line and designs messaging and content to drive product line growth.
- Owns a set of products that form the core of the Anderson-Negele “offering” for a key set of customer problems (e.g. optimizing inventory usage), is the “go-to” within the company for knowledge of those products
- Assists Senior Product Manager in strategic initiative definition and execution; may assist with VOC, solution definition, competitive or sales data analysis, etc.
- Leads cross functional teams through life cycle management products to streamline the portfolio or respond to external constraints; ensures thorough execution and customer communication
- Develop content and delivers trainings for marketing/sales enablement and post-sales support
- Acts as escalation path for front line technical customer support
- Provides product support for Manufacturing, Operations or other internal functions as needed
- Monitors product pricing, leads product specific price/margin improvement initiatives and participates in global price changes
- Learning critical initiatives, financial analysis, Dream phase deliverables, customer jobs-to-be-done; development path for Senior Product Manager
QUALIFICATION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Marketing, Engineering, or other technical subject area preferred
- 2-3+ years’ of proven experience in product management, technical support, and/or sales with hardware products
- Knowledge of process manufacturing environments and application of appropriate standards & regulations preferred
- Ability & desire to work with customers, translating needs into products and solutions is a requirement; experience with outcome driven innovation/Voice of Customer techniques preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sales, service)
- 2 - 3 days/week required in either Spartanburg, SC or Fultonville, NY (hybrid work)
- Up to 35% of travel required
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written) a must!
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.
Anderson-Negele is a global instrumentation company with the mission to provide the best hygienic instrumentation solutions and services for processors of food, beverage and life sciences products. With manufacturing facilities in the United States and Germany and sales & service offices in the U.S., Europe, China, India, and Brazil, we are a global leader in our market.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.