Technical Writing Intern
As an intern at ResMed, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 12-week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
· Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
· Experience our products up close by working with one of our SaaS Professional Services team
- Interact directly with our company leaders
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the medical technology industry
Let's Talk About Responsibilities:
As a Technical Writer Intern, you will work directly with talented Technical Writers and Instructional Designers of all levels. With guidance from an Education Services leader, you will work on a project to uplift the current documentation to be less transactional and shift the focus to process/role based.
The right candidate for our internship will be expected to know commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for writing, editing, and updating online help files, user manuals, installation and release documentation, system requirements, training materials and other required product documentation.
This is preferred to be a remote. Candidates may be asked to be available to participate in on-site team meetings.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 12 weeks during Summer 2023; June 12, 2023 – September 1, 2023
- English, Technical Communications or related discipline or related academic studies that will lead to a Bachelor's or Master's Degree (English, Communications, Journalism or any related field)
- Technical writing experience a plus
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Writing clearly and to the point.
- Empathy for the end-user and their experience.
- Ability to understand the needs of users by effectively listening and asking appropriate questions
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of document generation tools a plus
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently, and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and accurately follow through on work activities to meet deadlines as well also work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing experiences as demonstrated through documentation projects, papers, or creative writing.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and collaboration skills as demonstrated through leadership positions on teams and/or in student or civic organizations
- Exceptional communication skills and interest and enthusiasm related to medical technology industry and a career with ResMed
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary base pay range: $18/ hr.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.