Intern - Safety
As an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Intern at Micron Technology, Inc., you will gain exposure to the development and implementation elements of our overall safety and environmental management systems! Micron EHS Interns will participate in a variety of EHS-related activities including: trend and root cause analysis, ergonomic, and environmental programs, compliance activities, corporate responsibility/sustainability efforts, and attending safety committee meetings. The EHS intern will be responsible for completing assigned activities on-schedule, collaborating with Boise Site EHS Leadership and Global team members, partnering with team members throughout the site, and ensuring work you're doing meets the expectations of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Our basic expectations are:
- Integrity, positivity, and the desire to learn
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Dedicated to building a safe workplace
- Completion of all work within established timelines/parameters
- Routinely communicate with department staff and communicate any barriers to task-completion
- Attend meetings as necessary/directed
- Responsibility and punctuality - time off will be coordinated in advance.
- Dress is casual but appropriate for an office environment
- Present to senior-level staff at the conclusion of the internship
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally-accredited university in one of the following disciplines: industrial hygiene, occupational safety, ergonomics/ human factors, environmental science, or safety-based engineering programs.
- Must have continued coursework following completion of internship, i.e. graduation date should not be before September 2023