Do you have experience working with budgets? Do you excel at excel? If you answered yes to any of these questions you should apply for this opportunity. Lower Granite is looking for a second Budget Analyst to add to our fabulous team. RECRUITMENT INCENTIVES MAY BE AUTHORIZED!
To learn more and apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/711889200
Open & closing dates: 03/10/2023 to 03/23/2023
- Performs a variety of budget functions in the formulation, execution, and review within the operating projects including hydropower, recreation, navigation, fisheries, natural resources, wildlife, and administrative sections.
- Researching, forecasting, and analyzing use of funds involving direct appropriated funds, direct Bonneville Power Administration funds, large capital funds, small capital funds, reimbursable accounts and prior year funds.
- Assists in forecasting and budgeting for various types of funds including direct appropriated funds, Bonneville Power Administration funding, and sub-agreements.
- Provides ongoing advice and assistance on budgetary matters, to include interpretation of regulatory procedures for financial planning and control, and provides advice/assistance for the acquisition and execution of funds.
- Reviews, evaluates and executes budget requests/actions.
- Serves as fund control officer for the various sections, providing explanations and guidance on procedures for preparation of documents, i.e., CEFMS documents such as PRCs, supply requisition documents, etc.
- Accumulates, consolidates, and submits budgetary data for analysis against established criteria, trends and experience factors.
- Analyzes input data, weighs cost factors, evaluates current trends and projects and anticipates other requirements.
- Verifies that obligations and expenditures occur in a timely basis in accordance with the annual work plan and regulatory controls and are within the amount programmed.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS IS A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Level 2 Certified position. Incumbent of this position is required to comply with all Department of Defense and Department of the Army requirements of this certification program.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
GS-07 Qualifications - Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience in using an automated financial management system AND/OR assisting in the development, tracking, and/or monitoring of an annual operating budget. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Superior Academic Achievement: Successful completion of all the requirements for a bachelor's degree with Superior Academic Achievement. In order to be creditable under this provision, Superior Academic Achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled, such as that identified in Education above. [Note: Remove the words "such as that identified in Education above" if the position you are filling does not require education in specific fields found in an Individual Occupational Requirement.] Superior Academic Achievement is based on:
(1) Class Standing - Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses; OR
(2) Grade-Point Average (G.P.A.) - Applicants must have a grade-point average of either (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.; OR
(3) Honor Society Membership - Applicants may be considered eligible based on membership in one of the approved national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies (https://www.achsnatl.org/).
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
GS-09 Qualifications - Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes monitoring an annual operating budget using a financial management system, compiling budget data for use in financial reports, and reviewing available funds to compare against outstanding obligations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages.