Biologist (CEI) (Fort Sam Houston, TX)
This position is part of the Army Fellows Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.
The Army Fellows Program use your talent as a federal civilian employee to make a positive difference, to make an impact on the world. The Army Fellows Program is a two-year fellowship as a federal civilian. We hire fellows as permanent, full-time employees with full pay and benefits and guarantee placement after the fellowship for those who meet requirements.
We are seeking driven, high-performing teammates, and we will provide opportunities to apply your talent to make a positive difference through meaningful work. You’ll also learn and grow through a structured but flexible two-year developmental program that accounts for your existing knowledge, skills, behaviors, and preferences and for your career field’s professional competencies.
In this role you will,
- collect, analyze and report on biological and similar scientific data.
- Support Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Studies for Civil and Military Projects.
- Assess and monitor natural resources affected by infrastructure projects.
- Assist in the development of Civil Works Project Investigation Studies.
- Collect samples of environmental media.
- May be assigned Permitting responsibilities.