eMachine Engineer (96308)
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Waterloo
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: eMachine Engineer - 96308
This position is eligible for remote work at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As an eMachine Engineer for JD Waterloo Product Engineering Center located in Waterloo, IA, you will produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel. In addition, you will:
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel
- Apply existing applications to routine problems
- Analyze assignments and determine engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects
- Learn and apply company engineering policies and practices; learn company products
- Execute test or analysis plan for product verification and validation
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position
What Skills You Need
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools
- Skill in using company information systems and processes
- Understanding of engineering principles as they relate to the company product
- Fundamental understanding of machine forms relevant to the specific job assignment and Company division/unit. Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Technology Development process (ETDP) and/or Enterprise Customer Acquisition Process (ECAP)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Prior exposure to electric machines
- Familiarity with cProjects
- Prior exposure to service parts and how to address them within the systems
- Prior exposure to requirements documents
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering/Technology, Agricultural Sciences, or a Science discipline or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.