Fleet Forecast Intern
Internship Title: Fleet Forecast Intern
Department: Marketing Department
Location: Remote, Chicagoland area resident preferred
The Marketing Data Analyst Intern will work on various advanced analysis projects using programming, statistical research, visualization and other exploratory methods to assist in decision making with fleet projects and play a key role in the Fleet Forecasting Process Improvement Project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with and provide project support to the Advanced Analytics Manager, Marketing
- Assist with data related tasks
- Build data visualizations from large disparate datasets
- Testing and validating quantitative models
- What-if scenarios for sensitivity analysis
- Work with other TTX groups and departments to develop an understanding of the business
Projects the intern will work on:
- Fleet Forecasting Process Improvement Project
- Data loading tasks
- More to be determined when the internship starts
- Complete all the assigned tasks
- Present on various analyses of data
- Gain an understanding of internal processes affecting various areas of TTX Company
- Utilize and improve professional communication skills, and develop and manage business relationships
- Major(s): Engineering, Operations Research, Transportation, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics Mathematics, Economics, and other related majors
- Year in school: Completed at least 3 years at an accredited college/university.
Preferred Qualities Possessed by Candidate:
- Eager to learn new things, and support the team
- Ability to prioritize and effectively juggle multiple efforts
- Advanced proficiency in Business Intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, Power Query)
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL, Python, VBA
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and MS Visio a plus, but not required
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
TTX Company is a leading provider of railcars and related freight car management services to the North American rail industry. TTX’s pool of railcars is ideal for supporting shippers in the intermodal, automotive, paper & forest, metals, machinery, wind energy and other markets where flatcars, boxcars and gondolas are required.
TTX Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.