The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic resident engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) performing construction oversight for projects in support of design and resident engineers, and report project progress and issues against project goals, scope of work, and schedule. The projects support air traffic control facilities over the geographic scope of the ESA. This is an exciting continuous travel opportunity.
- Supervise construction of FAA projects on site and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily records and reports related to the project
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule, review the contractor’s progress reports, assess the progress and inform the project engineer and all stakeholders
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with project engineer
- Mark up drawings to as-built conditions and submit these for review and updating
- Participate in construction inspections, final inspections, and contract close-out activities
- Conduct regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues project engineer
- Confer with multi-disciplinary engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation
- Participate in on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate with other ongoing construction and projects
- Review contractor shop drawings and construction submittals and provide input to engineering staff
- Track, reconcile and coordinate closure of acceptance punch list
- Bachelor of Science or higher in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering in a program recognized by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing
- Skill in using office productivity software
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, climb stairs and work in an outdoor environment
- US Citizen (there’s a need to obtain US passport in order to travel to foreign countries (Caribbean)
- Must be willing to travel 100% within eastern US
- Must be willing to establish residence somewhere in eastern US
- Interest in construction industry (not design engineering)