2023 Summer Internship Development Program- Total Rewards Intern
The Human Resources Department enhances organizational performance by offering our business and associates a platform of services to attract, develop, reward and retain talent. The Raymond James Human Resources team is looking for dynamic and motivated self-starters currently studying HR or other related disciplines to participate our 2023 internship program.
If you have a knack for problem solving and you enjoy brainstorming creative ideas and consulting, the HR Generalist is a great opportunity for you. As an HR Generalist intern, you should be a strong team player, who can build strong cross-functional relationships. You will be responsible for working with leadership teams to manage process improvement projects, including communication and change management. You will be assigned to varying projects and initiatives for both business clients and the internal Human Resources team.
We are looking for curious and creative mindsets with an enthusiasm to learn about the wide range of roles within HR. A strong candidate for the HR Generalist internship will have good communication, critical thinking, and organization and customer service skills. Additionally, we are looking for interns who want to learn how to help others to leverage workforce-based information to enable better decision-making, and who demonstrate curiosity about information and data.
This team is responsible for the overall design, implementation, and communication of compensation and benefit programs, policies and procedures that support the company’s business objectives. Associates collaborate by developing and implementing compensation programs and practices, inclusive of long-term incentive and stock option/RSU programs, rewards and recognition programs, sales incentive programs and the ongoing evaluation and continual improvement of existing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists team with specific projects and participates in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Creates reports utilizing HR metrics and conducts analytics on human capital data for trend identification.
- Maintains and compiles reports from databases as needed.
- Participates in all department staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- Principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration associated with employment; compensation and classification; and employee development.
- Broad knowledge of all functions that reside under the HR umbrella.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, formulas, charts, filters)
- Strong organization & timeline management skills.
- Delivering clear and effective presentations.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipment’s and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Beneficial, but not required: SQL
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact, discretion, and integrity
- Ability to think globally, creatively, and to be innovative
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Preferably a rising senior studying computer science, computer engineering, and information systems majors.
40 hours a week (Typically 8am-5pm Schedule)