INTERNSHIP - Scientific Developer, Protein Sampling & CryoEM Refinement
OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Sciences an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
OpenEye is looking to fill an intern position to explore various aspects of protein conformational sampling and refinement using enhanced sampling methods. This project will combine current OpenEye toolkits with the latest CryoEM technique to accelerate conformational sampling of protein targets and improve corresponding structure prediction. All simulations will be performed using OpenEye’s cloud computing platform and OpenMM as the molecular dynamics (MD) engine.
Why intern at OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Science?
Gain industry experience in a professional, leading-edge scientific software engineering environment. Develop your problem solving abilities while contributing to challenging scientific and engineering projects. OECMS provides a fantastic opportunity to network with world-class scientists and engineers and determine the next steps in your career.
- Experience with protein conformational sampling and refinement using MD simulation
- Scientific software development practices: code review, pair programming, scientific validation
- Learn how enhanced sampling method and MD simulation are used in drug discovery
- Experience using OpenEye toolkits and cloud computing resources
Bachelors or Masters required, or a graduate working towards a PhD
What you should have:
- Python programming
- Min: 3rd year graduate student in physics, chemistry, or a related STEM field
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of MD simulations
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Familiarity with the concepts of protein conformational sampling and refinement
- Experience with running enhanced sampling simulations
- Experience with OpenMM and MDTraj/MDAnalysis
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.