INTERNSHIP - Scientific Developer, Machine Learning using Language Models
OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Sciences an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
OpenEye is looking to fill an intern position to work on building state of the art machine learning architectures to help in framework setup for drug design. The successful candidates should be comfortable with Python, with a strong background in data science, machine learning, statistics, NLP, and some knowledge of chemistry. The goal of the project to explore the scope of generative model building in natural language processing and build an efficient pipeline to augment code examples and documentations. We have a fun and fostering work environment that encourage good science.
Why intern at OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Science?
Gain industry experience in a professional, leading-edge scientific software engineering environment. Develop your problem solving abilities while contributing to challenging scientific and engineering projects. OECMS provides a fantastic opportunity to network with world-class scientists and engineers and determine the next steps in your career.
- Experience with OpenEye toolkits, an industry standard for molecular modeling
- Experience with bleeding edge technologies in machine learning including diffusion models
- Analyze large ML framework and statistics
- Work on open-source data and git
- Work with professional scientific software developers
Minimum Experience required:
- Python programming
- Undergraduate in STEM: Junior or Senior year
- Some experience with Machine Learning
- Ability to work independently, seeking help when needed
- Train and analyze machine learning/data science models
- Grad student with background in technology or physical science
- Worked with open-source repos like GitHub
- Worked with common ML distros as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Ability to purpose next steps in a research project
- Above all, excited to learn and assimilate cutting edge research and technology
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.