INTERNSHIP - Scientific Developer – QM Modeling
OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Sciences an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
In recent years, OpenEye has expanded the quantum chemical models for drug molecules available in the Cloud on Orion, including a well-publicized partnership with Gaussian. We provide automated calculations that are accurate and easy to use. Orion allows QM calculations to be run at large scale making it easier to incorporate these them into fitting models important for computing physical and chemical properties of potential drug molecules.
As a Scientific Developer Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with PhD-level scientists on a project important to improving our QM workflows and integrating their output with other models. In this project, you will work with internal and open source code bases to generate new protocols. You will collaborate with many teams inside OpenEye to integrate and validate those protocols.
Why intern at OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Science?
Gain industry experience in a professional, leading-edge scientific software engineering environment. Develop your problem solving abilities while contributing to challenging scientific and engineering projects. OECMS provides a fantastic opportunity to network with world-class scientists and engineers and determine the next steps in your career.
- Experience with OpenEye toolkits, an industry standard for molecular modeling
- Experience developing in a professional scientific software environment
- Research experience with professional scientists working on problems relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Expand knowledge of QM calculations and how they are used in drug discovery.
At least three years undergraduate course work in Chemistry or related field
What you should have:
- Intermediate Python programming skills
- Computational chemistry research experience
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Experience applying QM calculations to druglike molecules
- Second year graduate student or above
- Advanced Python programming skills
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.