INTERSHIP - Backend Developer
OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Sciences an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
OpenEye is looking to fill an intern position to work on expanding our already existing automated test suite for our core Application and Toolkit products. The candidate will be working with an automated GUI testing package and the Python programming language to develop a proof of concept tool for automated testing of our GUI applications. Python programming experience required. Shell scripting experience a plus.
Why intern at OpenEye, Cadence Molecular Science?
Gain industry experience in a professional, leading-edge scientific software engineering environment. Develop your problem solving abilities while contributing to challenging scientific and engineering projects. OECMS provides a fantastic opportunity to network with world-class scientists and engineers and determine the next steps in your career.
- Experience working in a commercial software development environment.
- Expand Python programming expertise.
- Gain understanding of development and testing requirements for commercial software.
- Experience working with Squish, a commonly used GUI testing tool.
At least 3 years studying undergraduate Computer Science or Information Technologies. Recent graduates encourage to apply!
What you should have:
- Basic Python programming skills
- Good communication skills
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Advanced Python programming skills
- Experience in shell scripting; experience working in a linux or unix environment
- Interest in learning about commercial software testing and release processes.
- Experience with Git.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.