Data Stewards apply data management principles, governance guidelines, and understanding of data holdings to review, approve, and manage data in support of broad customer requirements for geospatial or organizational data. They facilitate effective data production and storage by aligning organizational processes (e.g., data sharing, metadata creation/maintenance) to governance requirements, including using data workflow technologies (e.g., Collibra) to automate and improve data management. They apply logic to categorize data, document how data categories relate to each other, and maintain ontology (e.g., data dictionary names, data integrity rules). They ensure application of appropriate security controls and conformance to data policies, standards, and any legal or regulatory requirements. They evaluate the state of data and determine methods to improve data quality, usability, and availability. Data Stewards advocate for and train others on data management best practices and work with customers to qualify all data management metrics across the data lifecycle. They may serve in roles that provide direct customer support for the extraction, analysis, ingest, restructuring, and finishing of data, as well as prepare and validate data for web publishing.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and/or managing databases.
2. Demonstrated experience documenting, testing and/or maintaining database data for quality assurance.
3. Demonstrated experience analyzing data, identifying inconsistencies, and/or cleaning data to a recognized standard.
4. Demonstrated experience developing data set processes for data discovery, modeling, mining, and/or production.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Experience with one or more computing languages and/or tools e.g., scripting languages.
2. Demonstrated experience working with different types of data storage/database technologies such as structured or unstructured.
3. Demonstrated experience with identifying, defining, and promoting the standards for extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) processes to the partners.