Subscribed Institute Intern
REMOTE, UNITED STATES
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 trillion dollar opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
The Subscribed Institute (SI) is a dedicated think tank for the Subscription Economy that serves our community of subscription business leaders through research, content, events, and advisory services. SI strategists are a mix of former solution engineers, account executives, industry analysts, and strategy consultants who are naturally curious about how the world works and how to create better experiences for B2B and B2C customers.
As a summer intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our advisors on projects with some of the leading manufacturing, technology, and CPG companies to help them launch, optimize, and scale their subscription businesses. You will support primary research to support insights and perspectives that will be shared with customers and prospects during webinars and events produced by the Institute.
And you will have fun. We insist you do.
In this role you’ll get to
- Acquire and grow your knowledge of our customers through case stories, research, and interviews
- Learn the Zuora organization and how our platform can create business value for our customers and our customers’ customers
- Interact with Zuora leaders from across sales, marketing, and customer success
- Contribute research, analysis, content to help solve real world business problems for our customers and prospects
- Compile industry and company specific research around the Subscription Economy®
- Develop benchmarks through data analysis, participate in qualitative research interviews and synthesis, and create a survey questionnaire to drive feedback
- Develop meaningful content and presentations
- Attend and support customer facing workshops and advisory sessions
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking curious, entrepreneurial, problem solvers who are interested in helping companies grow through the introduction and evolution of new business models. We need help compiling data and synthesizing it into insights and benchmarks that will help our customers establish and achieve their business goals for subscriptions.
- Education: must be actively pursuing a masters degree with a focus in Business Management, Data Science, Technology, or related field
- Prior experience with quantitative research and/or financial modeling a plus
- Candidates should have an interest in business strategy, technology, and a desire to discover and share knowledge around evolving trends around how businesses and consumers buy and use products and services
- Comfortable performing data analysis and modeling in spreadsheets
- Strong qualitative research, problem solving, and pattern recognition skills
- Familiar with SQL data querying. Familiarization with Salesforce, Python, R and/or visualization platforms (Tableau, PowerBI etc.) a plus.
How you’ll be supported on your journey as a Zuora intern: *
- Competitive pay ($30/hour)
- Paid company-wide wellness days
- Exclusive early talent programming and networking opportunities
- Laptop for business use, and fun Zuora swag
- Possibility of full-time offer following your internship
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.