ABA/ Special Education aMAYzing Summer Internship
Be aMAYzing this SUMMER!
May Institute is excited to offer a paid internship experience for you!
We are hiring aMAYzing people to work with children with autism and development disabilities in a classroom setting at one of our ABA schools in Randolph, Norwood, and Wilmington MA.
Our methodology is based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a type of therapy that focuses on improving specific behaviors, such as social skills, communication, reading, and academics as well as adaptive learning skills, such as fine motor dexterity, hygiene, grooming, domestic capabilities, punctuality, and job competence. This
internship is a great way to get hands-on experience and broaden your knowledge of the field.
What You Will Learn This Summer –
- How to teach students academic, vocational, and daily living skills
- How to assist students’ development during their school day in a 2:1 or 1:1 student to staff ratio
- How to implement individualized behavior support plans, and the purpose of support meetings held with our clinical staff
- How to take, chart, and evaluate academic and behavioral data
- What career paths you can take with your degree!
Our Summer Internship Will Offer You –
- Close collaboration with BCBAs (Board Certified Behavior Analysts), Severe Special Education Licensed Teachers, and other professionals in the field
- Certification in CPR and Safety Care, as well as training in ABA methods
- Opportunity to learn about and shadow our various support services such as nursing, speech language pathology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy
- Resume workshop, meetings with school and executive leadership, and other dedicated events geared towards your professional development
- Current enrollment in a bachelor’s or master’s program
- Availability to work 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- First Day: Week of May 24
- Internship: May 24 - August 11 (with option to extend)
- Reliable transportation to and from our school in Randolph/Wilmington/Norwood, MA (no public transportation near sites)