Entry level coastal engineer
Mott MacDonald (MM), offers an opportunity to have a career with the premier employer in the coastal, port, and harbor engineering industry. MM is a full-service engineering company focusing on the protection and restoration of coastlines, increasing coastal resiliency, the development of port and harbor infrastructure, and navigation related projects.
MM is currently looking for a Junior Coastal/Port Engineer with a minimum of 0 to 3 years of experience in coastal engineering and design for our Freehold, NJ office.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering design projects with a focus on coastal and port projects
- Develop collection plans for surveying, geotechnical exploration, and environmental data
- Conduct analysis and numerical modelling of coastal processes such as currents, waves, storm surge, sediment transport, morphology, and wave-current-structure interaction
- Perform engineering analysis, preliminary, and detailed design of coastal and marine facilities
- Develop plans, specifications, and construction documents on projects
- Periodic construction oversight (up to 2 weeks at a time)
- Report preparation