Interested in a rewarding summer job? We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as tutors we call Clinicians, in a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Center this summer. Join us this summer as we teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential!
Summer Seasonal Tutor Position Details:
- Prior teaching experience is not required.
- These positions are seasonal, beginning in May.
- Instruction is performed at a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Center in Mobile, AL.
- This is not a remote position.
- We provide paid training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell.
- Required hours during the paid training are generally 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, for two weeks. Following the training, as a seasonal employee, your hours may vary week-to-week according to the instructional needs of the Learning Center.
- All necessary technical equipment and program materials will be provided.
- Internship credits may be available.
Summer Seasonal Tutor Expectations:
- Have a passion for helping others reach their potential.
- Implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning in a cheerful and authentic manner.
- Possess excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills.
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to type notes about student performance while leading engaging sessions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. An Associate's degree, Early Childhood Education certificate, or actively pursuing a degree is acceptable.
Summer Seasonal Tutor Responsibilities:
- Provide one-to-one and small group instruction, in-person and/or online, implementing specific lesson plans under the direction of Learning Center leadership.
- Facilitate the use of the curriculum provided for Lindamood-Bell Academy students.
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Manage client records electronically using a computer.
The hourly rate for this position is $19 per hour.
Summer Seasonal Tutor Benefits:
We believe in investing in our employees so every member of our Star Cast can succeed to their potential. We provide our eligible Star Cast members benefits, discounts, and additional perks. Eligibility for insurance benefits, discounts, and other perks varies with employment level and location and may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Employees in some states may be eligible for sick pay.
- Employees who are at least 21 and have worked for Lindamood-Bell for six consecutive months may be eligible to participate in a 401(k) benefit.
- Company-wide discounts on many services and products, including Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals, may be available.
For more information about us, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity, or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants with criminal histories.
Lindamood-Bell is committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. The company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities through an interactive process. Please contact the Lindamood-Bell HR Department at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply to, screen for, or perform a position.
Tutor, Tutoring, Tutors, Instructor, Educator, Teach, Teacher, Education, Training, Learning, Clinician, Internship, Summer Job