Associate Product Engineer - Energy Storage - Shell Graduate Programme 2023 - United States
JOIN US IN POWERING CHANGE
We are looking for graduates who share our purpose to power progress and our culture of inclusion, collaboration, and care. We’ll give you the support you need to forge your own path, and you’ll have real responsibilities and meaningful projects to work on right from the start.
WHERE YOU FIT IN
Shell’s purpose is to power progress together, by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multi-source energy system.
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in meeting the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally, and socially responsible ways. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Join us in our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, and sooner if that is possible.
SHELL IN THE US
Shell has been in the US for more than 100 years, leading the sector in energy, petrochemicals and refined products. Today, we provide millions of Americans with the energy needed to heat and cool their homes and power the economy.
We operate in all 50 states, from our Deep Water platforms in the Gulf of Mexico to the Pennsylvania Chemicals complex and our miles of pipelines throughout the US. We reach our customers through our 13,000 branded retail stations, and we are number 1 in gasoline sales. We also own the #1 brand of motor oil in the U.S. – Pennzoil® – made from natural gas.
We are excited to play a key role in the move to net-zero carbon emissions while providing the oil and gas needed by society for many decades to come.
WHAT’S THE ROLE
You will work closely with academic partners, start-ups and commercial and industrial customers to test, pilot and demonstrate innovative technology concepts in the areas of stationary energy storage or electric mobility with the aim to scale and commercialize as soon as reasonably possible. More specifically, in this role you will:
- Support identification of promising storage technologies and development of these through the Shell Deliver Technology Process from D0 through D4; discovering/evaluating, developing/piloting, demonstrating, and deploying towards commercial scale.
- Establish working knowledge of techno-economic analysis to place technology developments in appropriate context
- Support delivery of lab & pilot projects, often in multi-party collaborations
- Maintain competitive landscape information, including cost and performance characteristics of commercially available storage technologies
- Define key energy storage product characteristics and performance criteria for technology deployment areas, including electrification of industrial processes and electric mobility in multiples sectors
- Maintain a strong focus on product and process safety towards development and deployment of new storage technologies
- Contribute to results published in internal technical reports, conference presentations, and patent filings
- Develop understanding of the broader energy system, the energy transition, and the role of emerging storage technologies in Shell’s electrification ambitions
Right from the start, you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, global environment. You will be supervised and mentored with frequent reviews as part of a structured development programme. You will also be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working – all in all, an unbeatable experience.
We know that learning is key to developing yourself both personally and professionally. The graduate programme encompasses a learning framework that includes internal and external courses, as well as on-the-job learning, designed to help you gain the skills you need to succeed.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You should enjoy being challenged, so that rather than being daunted or overwhelmed if a task seems impossible, you welcome the opportunity to be innovative. You also need to be good at absorbing information, analysing problems, making objective decisions, and coming up with original ideas. You should have the drive, and resilience to get things done, the flexibility to work well as part of a team and the credibility to influence others.
CANDIDATES MUST APPLY VIA THE SHELL CAREERS WEBSITE!
• Select "Shell Graduate Program" > "Apply for a Graduate Program Opportunity in Your Country" > "United States"
• We require a completed application, an updated copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcript/grade report.
• To be eligible for the Shell Graduate Program, you should be in your final year of study or have less than three years of relevant work experience.
• You must have a minimum Cumulative GPA (CGPA) of 3.20
• Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
• In some instances, we are able to provide work authorization sponsorship for PhD and Master’s candidates in certain disciplines.
Join the Shell Graduate Programme and Power Change from Day One