US Commercial Summer Intern Program - Field Sales & Marketing Operations
GSK’s Sales & Marketing Internship Program is an internship experience for rising juniors where you will work with a team of experienced sales and marketing professionals who will guide you through real world, hands-on experience in selling and marketing pharmaceuticals. This program requires the students to complete a summer internship in 2023, and high achieving interns will be invited to return for their junior year to complete an additional summer internship in 2024, with the prospect to receive a full time offer to join GSK in Spring/Summer 2025.
At GSK, we have a leading portfolio of vaccines, respiratory and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science. GSK’s ambition and purpose is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
This internship will support the Anti-Infective and Respiratory Business field sales and marketing.
GSK is currently seeking a motivated, talented and innovative Intern to join our Team located in one of our 2 regions (DC/Baltimore, Orlando/Central Florida)
Interested candidates should reside in one of these locations or have the ability to relocate for the duration of the 10–12 week internship. For candidates who reside, more than 50 miles from the work location, GSK will provide a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses.
This internship will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in product training and selling skills development
- Schedule appointments, participate in lunch & dinner programs and interact with office staff
- Proactively analyze sales and territory data to develop a business plan to accomplish internship goals
Marketing & Operations
- In partnership with Mentor/Coach engage with customers, participate in special messaging in certain markets (including Virtual Engagements)
- Collaborate with territory team members to identify business needs and develop dynamic routing to support those needs
- Weekly summary of goals accomplished and key learnings for future planning
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Marketing, Payer Relations Managers, Medical (MSLs), and other functions within GSK.
- Adhere to and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-adverse standards, and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations
- Must be a current rising junior in good academic standing with a Spring/Summer 2025 expected graduation date.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Sciences, or similar disciplines.
- Must be able to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel.
- Valid Driver’s License - Must be able to drive or operate a vehicle as driving is an essential function of this role.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the assignment.
- Must have an active student status from a BS program. Masters and Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Self-starters that take initiative and think quickly on their feet.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Motivation for an exciting summer opportunity with potential for future full-time employment.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
- Candidates who are hired for this internship and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned territory are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility to be determined upon hire.