Discovery Family Channel Graphics and Media Intern: Miami - Summer 2023
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10
The Discovery Family team is a small but dynamic team consisting of programming, producing, creative, marketing and editing. In addition to running the network the team is responsible for media planning, programming, on-air and social creative. This internship is perfect for a student that is passionate about media, communication and graphic design.
This internship will be located in the Miami area. The selected intern will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule
Duties could include:
• The integration of the WBD legacy contents and the development of the network’s social calendar.
• Confirming program rights, researching sister and competitive networks, cross referencing schedules, screening programming, sourcing for social and on-air creative.
• Produce social and on-air content supporting network objectives.
• Google Suite
• Creative writing skills,
• Experience with social media platforms and graphic design
• Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Awareness of WBD brands
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.